It’s Saturday, which means it’s time once again to take a look at the best the web has to offer on all things health, fitness, and body-loving goodness. Remember that I’d love to share something you’ve written or read–get in touch with me at icametorun [at] gmail [dot] com or through twitter to let me know if you have something to contribute!
- Do you have any idea how much sleep you need or how tired you really are? According to the New York Times, probably not.
- Do you think you need to go on a diet because it will help you feel better about yourself? You might want to think about these tips from Geneen Roth first. (via Never Say Diet)
- Because really, who wouldn’t want to stick their feet into a cushion that looks like a pig’s nose and roll their obliques into shape? (via Jezebel)
- Okay, not new this week, but definitely very body positive, Embrace:Me-related, and awesome overall: the Plump & Circumstance episode of RuPaul‘s Drag U. (via LogoTV)
- If you’re in the NYC area, Groupon has a deal today for 10 classes (yoga, pilates, gyrotonic and more) at Sal Anthony’s Movement Salon. I’m a little scared to buy it, though, since I have no idea what gyrotonic is and it sounds like something scary from the 1920s.
- Unsure which hashtag to use in your tweet about running? Runner’s World has got you taken care of with their hashtag guide.
- Galia Slayen created a life-sized Barbie with the same proportions the doll has. It’s disturbing, and she did it for all the right reasons. (via MSNBC)
Feel free to share your own links in the comments!
- Body of Knowledge (icametorun.com)